March 11, 2020
Dear CAS parents/guardians:
In the wake of the presence of the Coronavirus in various parts of the United States, we are writing to inform you of our current efforts in order to keep your child, other children and staff members safe.
In our school community, we have asked staff members to do the following:
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth and eyes.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, sneezing or coughing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
We are asking parents/guardians to assist us with the following:
- Keep your child/children home if they are running a fever and/or have symptoms of coughing and sneezing. Although we would normally have children come to school that are not running a fever, there are cases of the Coronavirus that do not include a fever; therefore, we are taking extra precautions to keep our community safe.
- Ask your child/children to avoid touching his/her nose, mouth and eyes.
- Remind your child/children to cover his/her cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. Alternatively, he/she can cough or sneeze into their elbow.
- Remind your child/children to wash their hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing his/her nose, sneezing or coughing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Tell him/her to avoid close contact with people who are sick; thus, maintaining a social distance from others.
In the event that the school closes, this determination will be made by the local health department and we will closely adhere to their guidance. If a school closing is mandated, we will communicate with parents via automated telephone calls, the school website and Facebook page.
Finally, please be assured that we are carefully preparing contingency plans and we will share more information with you as it becomes available.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Stephen Huff, Principal