Center for Academic Success

Home » FAQs


For your convenience, we’ve complied a list of questions we hear most frequently from families.  We also invite you to review our student handbooks for more details or for clarification on our policies.  If you still have questions, give us a call–we’re happy to help!

Is CAS a private school?

No, CAS is a public charter school offering a tuition-free option for Arizona students. We have no religious affiliation, and emphasize ongoing character development and respect.

Do CAS students take standardized tests?

You bet! Our students participate in State testing as a way to measure our progress and theirs.

Does CAS offer extra-curricular activities?

Of course! Extra-curricular activities help students grow and develop. CAS offers a variety of clubs to excite our students including:  robotics, gardening, STEM clubs, music, and art.

Is tutoring available if my student needs help?

Absolutely! We have after-school tutoring offered daily to help our students succeed. Teachers or parents can request a student attend tutoring and many of our students take advantage of this opportunity.

What if I need to drop off my kid before school or pick him up late?

No problem. We offer FREE care for our students starting at 7:00 a.m. and ending at 5:30 p.m. These enrichment programs give our students a safe, supervised environment before and after school at no cost or inconvenience to our parents.

Do you offer transportation? 

Unfortunately, we do not have a bus system at this time. However, our free before and aftercare offers more flexibility so parents can get to and from work on time.

How do I enroll my child at a Center for Academic Success school?

Please visit our Student Enrollment page for information about enrolling your child at one of our schools.  You may download and print a copy of the registration forms and bring the completed forms, together with the required documentation, to the main office of the school your child will attend.

Does your school offer breakfast and lunch?

We do!  CAS participates in the federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program, and our cafeteria serves a nutritional breakfast and lunch every school day to all of our students FREE of cost.  We post our monthly menus on our website and on our Facebook page, or you may pick one up from the front office.

Can my child bring a cell phone to school?

In order to create an educational environment in which all students can thrive and be free from distraction, cell phones and other electronic devices are not allowed during the school day at the Elementary and Middle School.  Students who carry cell phones to school are required to turn them in at the front office before class.  Cell phones will be returned to students at the end of the day.  Parents who need to get a message to their child may call the front office.

What if my child requires medication during the school day?

We will administer medication in accordance with state regulations and with physician and parent approval when the request meets the following requirements:

  1. Written permission must be provided by the parent/guardian for school personnel to administer the medication to the student.
  2. Prescription medication must come to the school office in the original prescription container as labeled by the pharmacist. Written directions from the doctor or pharmacist must state the name of the patient, name of the medication, dosage, and the time it is to be administered.
  3. Over-the-counter medication must come to the school office in the original manufacturer’s packaging with directions, dosages, and compound contents clearly marked.
  4. All medications are to be brought in by the parent/guardian and handed directly to school office personnel. Medications will not be accepted from students, with the exception of students 18 years of age or older.
  5. Under normal circumstances, students are not allowed to self-administer or carry medication at school. Under exceptional conditions, and when deemed necessary by a physician, the site administrator will consider an unusual circumstance on a case-by-case basis.
  6. All medications will be kept in a locked cabinet in the CAS Office.

What is PowerSchool, and how do I get a username and password to use it?

PowerSchool is one of the many ways we keep communication between home and school strong.  It provides you with almost real-time access to your child’s grades, attendance history, and other important information.  To receive your login information, please contact the front office.

What are the school hours?

Regular School Hours:
Kindergarten          8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
1st – 5th Grade        8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
6th – 8th Grade       8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
High School             9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.

Before Care Hours (K-12):
7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.

After Care Hours (K-12):
2:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.

Early Release Days (3rd Friday of the Month):
8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.

What do I need to do if my child will be absent from school?

If your child must miss school, please call the school office on the day of his/her absence.  For more information about attendance requirements, our tardy procedure, and what qualifies as an excused absence, please refer to our student handbooks.

Do you enforce a dress code?

Students grades K-8 will be expected to follow a uniform dress code.  This uniform consists of a solid red, white, or navy blue polo shirt and khaki or denim shorts, pants, or skirts.  High School students will be expected to choose attire that is safe and appropriate for a learning environment.  Please refer to the student handbooks for further details.

How do I donate my tax credit money to the school?

You can make your contribution in person at your child’s school office, or your may mail the form to us.  We’ll mail you a receipt for tax reporting purposes.  Please visit our AZ Tax Credit page to download the form.

What are school policies regarding COVID-19?

Please review our current district Safe Return to In-Person Instruction & Continuity of Services Plan for the 2021-2022 school year.  Policies are updated as needed based on the recommendations released by the Arizona Department of Health Services, Cochise County Health Officials, and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

Enroll your child today >

%d bloggers like this: