Center for Academic Success

Home » Meet Our School Counselor

Meet Our School Counselor

Mrs. Robinson


My name is Kimberly Robinson. I am excited to be the full-time school counselor at CAS! I am the counselor for grades K-12. I recently obtained my Masters in Professional Counseling from Grand Canyon University (Go Lopes!). I have been working for CAS in Sierra Vista since July 2017.

What does a school counselor do?

School Counselors work to support the academic success, personal/social growth, and career development of students. This can be provided by supporting students through consultations and collaboration with parents, teachers, administrators, and other staff. The school counselor functions to provide support for students and their families and is responsive to the many social and emotional issues that invariably arise within the school and home setting that may impact a student’s learning and overall functioning in school. I can provide information and consultations on social and emotional development in order to promote student learning and growth.

Students are also supported via classroom lessons, grade level and other school related programs. I often meet with students individually or in small groups on topics such as on self-concept, behavior, anger management, making friends, bullying, anxiety, divorce, and grief counseling. Large group topics include: conflict resolution, socialization skills, drug free education, coping skills, career exploration are examples. I consult with parents and staff, attend conferences and observe students throughout our school campus. I can also help coordinate outside referrals or services (i.e. psychotherapy, group services, etc.…).

How do I contact the school counselor?

As a counselor, I am often moving around the school campus. You can contact me at any time through email, or by phone. I will return calls and emails as soon as possible. If it is urgent, please contact the front office. They will know how to reach me right away. I encourage you to contact me if you have any concerns at all about your child. I can be reached at or 520-439-3500. 


%d bloggers like this: